ICENI WAY PROGRAM 28-08
Posted On : August 27, 2017
ICENI WAY PROGRAM 28-08
Clean and jerk complex!
1 clean pull
1 power clean
1 hang clean
1 split jerk
In a Pair.
150 STOH for time
– every time you drop the bar to person who just finished their set must to 5/10 over bar burpees before e you partner can pick the bar up and start their set.
- this means you don’t want to be red lining at any point during this workout. At no point should you be stood around with your hands on your knees. If you do. you’ve missing to point in these workouts.
- I also want you to see if you feel the onset of fatigue on the lower body or upper body when you start this second workout. (you can do either first)
20 minutes of work.
5 minute Ski / row (upper body focus on the rowing)
20 wall ball push press (A wall ball with out squatting all the way.)
20 pull ups (15/10 design on speed. If you can do 20 without breaking more than twice then do 20)
1 minute bear crawl (slowly. weight in the arms)
4 minutes rest.
20 minutes of work.
50 walking lunges
40 sit ups
30 tuck jumps
20 goblet squats (light)
Pull up day!
- Lat activation
3 Rounds all at light weight.
10 straight arm pull down (band(s))
10 pass overs (PVC)
10 bent over rows (empty bar)
– 60/90 second between sets
3 seconds at top.
- boxes if needed to take some of the weight away. When using the box make sure you remain straight under the bar. and that you aunt standing at an angle loading one arm more than the other.
Single arm Rows
5×12/15 on each arm
10 minute AMRAP
40 Double unders
30 Jumping lunges (walking lunges / step back lunges)
20 Sit ups
10 Push press 50/35kg
4 minutes rest
800m run for time
- MAX EFFORT!
- Strategy. Start fast. slow down a little and settle into a good pace for you. Pick up the pace for the last 200/150m. and SPRINT FINSH!!!!
Rest: 100m walk between rounds
Pace: something you can maintain for all the rounds.
- If you have a watch / phone please bring to record your times.
- The better your running the more rounds you will be doing. This is the avoid the intensity dropping right off. or you picking a pace that is too slow for you.
Movement Focus: Toes to bar
- Don’t rip your hands spending all day on the bar!
Open Style workout
12 minute AMRAP
Clean and jerk 60/40
Toes to bar
1, Snatch pull
1, Hang snatch
1, Overhead squat
And then some Team barbell “fun”
4 minutes on: 4 minutes off ( use your rest wisely. you can do soft tissue work stretch and then get ready to go again)
200m run / Sprint
30 wall balls
20 deadlifts (60/40)
As many burpees in the remaining time. (scale the burpee to a no chest touch burpee or down to a bench to allow you move faster and without breaking at all)
- Go out really hard during each round. 4 minutes rest is a long time to recover “fully” to be able to attack the next round as hard again
Snatch (barbell cycling)
Open style workout
6 minute AMRAP
30 Plate jumps (10kg)
20 Air squats
10 Power snatch 35/25kg
Rest 3 minutes and repeat. (Don’t save yourself for the second round, you shouldn’t be able to beat your time or come close to it if you go hard enough in the fist)
All out sprints!
– slow 75m walk between rounds. walking back to the start line.
- you shouldn’t feel like you’re hitting a wall during this workout. A nice slow walk to get back to the start line and then attack the next round.
- All about developing your SPEED!
- 2 minutes rest between sets (IMPORTANT)
- Build to a weight you know you are going to feel challenging before starting your first set.
- 40 seconds HARD Row
- 40 seconds shuttle runs
- 40 seconds HARD Ski
- 40 seconds 15 wall balls + ME down ups
MAIN CLASS – TEAM WORKOUT
3 RM push press (from the ground)
20 minute AMRAP
30 Push press / Shoulder to overhead 50/35
30 Pull ups
50 Push ups
100 Air squats
100 plate jumps
Clean and jerk Complex
1 hang cluster
Madness to finish
Lots of Good crossfit workouts and chance to try things you don’t usually in classes
Warm up: Glute activation work (glute bridges)
– step a good 10/15 minute warm up the hams and gluten for the deadlifitng. The better your warm up the more weight you shift!
Build to a 3RM
- NO BELTS! you must develop a stronger midline. If it hurts then keep it light or stop and work on what is causing you this pain rather than masking it with a belt.
Single ARM strict press (super set this with the box jumps)
10×5 box jumps. ( you HAVE to jump! even if thats onto a 5KG plate.
- no rebounding the jumps. you must step/hop down, reset, and then go again
- focus on being as explosive as possible every jump.